TC-CK1-VMS INTERSECTOR™ Microwave Vehicle Motion Sensor
The TC-CK1-VMS INTERSECTOR™ is a microwave-based radar motion sensor used for intersection control. The unit interfaces with a traffic-control cabinet, and outputs signals when vehicles are present in user-defined zones. Zones are created using an X-Y coordinate system, and operation is verified and optimized using a laptop and web browser as part of the installation process.
The TC-CK1-VMS allows users to create up to 8 detection zones and assign vehicle motion in these zones to up to 8 outputs to the control cabinet. Detection zones can be created to a maximum distance of 600 feet from the sensor itself.
Interface boards are available for the TC-CK1-VMS which are compatible with both NEMA, 170, 179, and 2070 cabinets. For each sensor, one interface board is required in order to communicate with the control cabinet. Three interface boards are available. The TCIB-2.1 provides 2 outputs and uses a single slot in the cabinet. The TCIB-4.1 provides 4 outputs and uses a single slot, and TCIB-4.2 provides 4 outputs and utilizes two slots in the cabinet.
- Above-ground mounting for easy and cost-efficient installation with minimal disruption to traffic
- Significant cost savings (up to 40%) when compared to advance detection loops
- Detection is not affected by fog, snow, or rain
- Immune to sunrise/sunset or post-rain glare
- Not susceptible to in-road breakage
- Multiple lanes covered by a single unit
- Easily installs to corner pole & signal mast arm
- Surge protection provided in detector
- Successfully detects bicycles and motorcycles
- No privacy concerns